Homeowners have a long list of tedious tasks that are required in the typical upkeep of their home. Be it installation of gutter system, landscaping, inspecting the foundation, etc. What doesn’t often make the list is gutter cleaning. The regular cleaning and effective maintenance of gutter systems are also one of the most crucial tasks every homeowner should perform.
It may not seem very important, but clogged gutters can lead to a variety of costly repairs. Clogged gutters prevent your home from getting rid of excess water from rain or snow. This build-up over time can cause damage to the following areas in the house:
- Foundation: The overflowing water accumulates in and around the base of the property and can shift the ground and weaken the foundation of the house. This can further lead to cracks in the basement walls, damage to the home’s structure, and provide the opportunity for mold to creep in and spread.
- Landscape: Having rainwater flow at random can lead to overflowed gardens and damaged landscapes. The unchecked water can lead to dangerously slippery patios and build-ups around the home.
- Fascia Boards: These boards are made up to hold the gutter in place. When water starts to overflow, it can cause the boards to get wet, deteriorate, and rot. Gradually, it will affect the wooden ceilings or other parts of the home.
3 ways to tell whether the gutters are clogged or not are:
- Notice pets on the roof: Small enclosed spaces filled with water attracts birds, pests, and insects. So, if you are noticing the abundance of any or all of these pests over your gutters, then it is time for some gutter inspection and cleaning. One of the easiest ways of preventing pests from invading your roof or gutters is to install gutter protection to keep the debris out.
- Sagging gutters: The gutters start to bend and sag when there is a lot of build-up of leaves, twigs, or debris over them. When this happens, gutters are unable to effectively keep the flowing water away from home. The sagging gutters can eventually pull away and break off of the roof, exposing the fascia to severe damages.
- Wet Patios: When gutters are clogged, the extra water slides over the sides of the home. If you notice the patio is consistently wet with large amounts of water that keeps falling off the sides of the roof, the gutters are clogged.
Morin Gutters is a certified company that has been in this business for over thirty-five years and offers the best new gutter installation to all. We are a family-owned business committed to quality and excellence. Our professionals are courteous and highly trained with the newest techniques and innovations in the industry. If you want to get the best getter installation estimates in Hamptons, Suffolk County and Long Island, you should check Morin Gutters out.